Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Co-sleeping a teether

Part of me wanted to title this post "Co-not-sleeping" because that's exactly what last night was. Lil Bean is growing two new teeth and one result was that she woke screaming several times in the night. Actually, she didn't really wake up, she just screamed until I latched her on, then she slept while nursing. It was an all-night-nurse-athon and this morning I feel exhausted as well as empty. She woke bright and early asking for milk (why did I teach her to sign!) but there was none. She drank it all in the night.
I am trying to keep my patience. I know it is hard for her being separated from me while I am in class... it's hard on me too, and not just because we have nurse-athons whenever I'm around!
We spent a year with no separation, and although I can see the value in following my own dreams and continuing along my own path, I question this separation. Why can I not bring her to the lectures? I brought her to my studio classes in the winter.
In three and a half weeks it will be over. I will be doing independent studio and history work in the fall, and Lil Bean will be able to tag along again. Mamatoto will be back in full swing!
I am so thankful that Lil Bean and I have a great Primary Babysitter. The continuity of care is so vital to this shift. Keeping a routine going and keeping the structure in her life has made this change easier on Lil Bean than it might have been. If only there was a way to make it easier on Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment